Whole Pitted Sun Dried Apricots with Natural.
Dried Apricots Packing Type
12.5 kg Carton Box Dried Apricots
5 kg Carton Box Dried Apricots
1000 gr, 500 gr, 400 gr, 250 gr Box Dried Apricots
The apricots are divided into two groups according to their drying style:
• Sulphured Dried Apricots
• Natural Dried Apricots.
Sulphured Dried Apricots are treated with SO2 in order to provide color retention and longer the shelf life .The color of this type changes from light yellow to orange. The SO2 content is max 2000 ppm for European countries and between 2500-3000 for USA and others. Also if the buyer needs a special content it can be adjusted as well. The color is lighter as the SO2 content increases. Natural (Unsulphured) Dried Apricots differs from sulphured apricots in color, the color of this type changes from light brown to dark brown this is because these apricots are directly dried under the sunlight without being treated with SO2.
Classification according to Quality Specifications:
There are two groups, natural and sulphured and four quality classes, extra, first, second and industrial classes. In Turkish Standards, the two important quality criteria of dried apricots are, moisture and SO2 contents, which should not exceed 25 % and 0,20 % (2000ppm) by weight respectively.
Sizing of apricots according to pieces in a kg:
Count per kg.
0 / Jumbo
61 - 80
36mm or larger
81 - 100
32mm – 36mm
101 - 102
29 mm – 36mm
121 – 140
26mm – 32mm
141 – 160
24mm – 29mm
161 – 180
24mm – 26mm
181 – 200
21mm – 26mm
201 – 220
20mm or less
220 or more
Sun Dried Apricot Specifications
1. Product Name Turkish Whole Pitted Sun Dried Apricots (Sulphur treated)
2. Country of Origin Turkey
3. Description Sulphur treated sun dried apricots are washed, calibrated, selected, packed.
4. Ingredients Apricot, E220
5. Packaging Info 5 kgs, 12,5 kgs bulk or toplayered cartons Food grade blue PE liners in 12,5 kgs carton boxes
6. Labelling Origin, Lot no, Crop, Grade, Size no, Quantity, Net weight, Production Date and Best before information are printed on each box.
7. Organoleptical Requirements
Colour: : Yellow, orange-yellow, orange. (natural apricots:typical Brown)
Taste : The fruit must have characteristic sweet flavor of Malatya apricots with no evidence of off flavors, including fermentation
Smell : Typical Turkish apricot odour with slightly SO2 smell and without off odours, including fermentation
Texture : Slightly soft, wholesome and faq of the season
Moisture : Max.23% or 24 %
Physical defects ;
The product should be stored in a clean, dry and cool ( prefer below 5°C)place.
SHELF LIFE :
12 months from date of production when stored in the conditions noted above
8. Chemical Requirements
SO2 Europe Max. 2000 ppm
Canada Max. 2500 ppm
USA-AU and others Max. 3000 ppm
Energy (Kcal ) 294
Protein % 3.61
Carbohydrate % 66.5
Vitamin B1 (mg / 100 g ) 0.1
Vitamin B2 (mg / 100 g ) 0.16
Vitamin C ( mg / 100 g ) 12
Calcium (mg / 100 g ) 22
Health Benefits of Apricot
• Apricot has high mineral content, that makes it beneficial in cases of anemia, tuberculosis, asthma, bronchitis, and toxemia.
• Apricot is high in vitamin A, which is why it is very helpful in the removal of skin pimples and other skin disorder.
• Apricot contains lycopene, this substance can help prevent cancer and help to protect LDL cholesterol from oxidation, which may help prevent heart disease.
• It helps destroy intestinal worms.
• It may help remove gallstones.
• It helps for preventing cancer in organs lined by epithelial tissue, due to its high vitamin A content.
•Dried apricots should be eaten with foods that are rich in Vitamin C so that iron absorption can be increased.
MİRSAN Food Ltd.